Halloween, one of the most anticipated holidays, is here. Also known by names such a ‘Allhalloween’, ‘All Hallows’ Eve’ or ‘All Saints’ Eve’, the celebration is held by a number of countries every year on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian fete of All Hallow’s Day or All Saints’ Day.
Typical festive Halloween activities include trick-or-treating (or guising), attending costume parties and wearing scary or weird dresses, making jack-o’-lanterns, lighting bonfires, divination, apple bobbing, visiting haunted house attractions among many others.
But all this is immaterial without a piece of sweet greeting and wish of the festive season for one’s loved ones. Here we bring you a compilation of best quotes, messages and greetings and wishes for Halloween to be shared
Quotes or Wishes:
- “As spirits roam the neighbourhoods at night, let loose upon the Earth till it be light…” – Nicholas Gordon from poemsforfree.com
- “Eat drink and be scary” – Unknown Author
- “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.” – Erma Bombeck, American humorist
- “Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October’s days.” – Author Unknown
- “Halloween wraps fear in innocence, as though it were a lightly sour sweet. Let terror, then, be turned into a treat…” Nicholas Gordon from poemsforfree.com.
- “Nothing on Earth is so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night.” – Steve Almond, American short story writer and essayist.
- “Hark! Hark to the wind! ‘Tis the night, they say, When all souls come back from the far away –The dead, forgotten this many a day!” – Virna Sheard, Canadian poet and novelist
- “Where there is no imagination there is no horror.” – Sir Arthur Canan Doyle, Author
- “Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story.” – Mason Cooley, American aphorist
- “Tis now the very witching time of night, when churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out Contagion to this world.” – William Shakespeare
- “Proof of our society’s decline is that Halloween has become a broad daylight event for many.” – Robert Kirby, American writer
- “The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown.” – HP Lovecraft, American horror writer
- “Tis the night – the night of the grave’s delight, And the warlocks are of their play; Ye think that without the Wild winds shout, Bu tno, it is they – it is they.” – Arthur Cleveland Coxe, second Episcopal bishop of Western New York
- “Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, Voices whisper in the trees, ‘Tonight is Halloween!'” – Dexter Kozen, Scientist
- “Pixie, kobold, elf, and sprite, All are on their rounds tonight; In the wan moon’s silver ray, thrives their helter-skelter play.” – Joel Benton, American writer, poet and lecturer
Messages and Greetings:
- “Halloween is not just a time to scare people or be overwhelmed with the eerie night. It’s also a time to share with those people you love so dear. Happy Halloween!”
- “The mind is the cradle of fears. The mind is also the battleground to cast these fears away. Enjoy your Halloween.”
- “Halloween is not a time to build your tower of fears, but to edify your faith.”
- “Raise your spirits for some spooky treats. It’s a banquet we’ll have to enjoy.”
- “Fear is just a mere word, unless crafted and developed in the believer’s thoughts.”
- “It’s nothing, but masks and costumes out in the streets/ Witches, vampires and goblins we’ll meet/ Just make the most out of the Halloween’s night/ Even though spiders will make you scream with fright!”
- “You wouldn’t believe/ On All Hallow Eve/ What lots of fun we can make, / With lots of fun we can make, / With apples to bob, / And nuts on the hob, / And a ring-and-timble cake.” – Carolyn Wells, American Author and Poet
- get well halloween wishes
- happy halloween messages for kids
- wishing kids a happy halloween
- bat sayings for halloween